In our conversation, Adir mentioned that this was his first immersion experience in English. Although he had studied English for...
- to get a job
- to get into school
- to make friends or relationships
- to travel
- because they like the feeling of accomplishment
As I started to think about it a little bit more, I realized that it's even more basic...
If you try to speak English and make a mistake, none of these things will happen:
- No one will point and laugh at you
- You won't lose your job.
- The townspeople won't chase after you with torches.
- You won't be locked up and thrown in jail.
- The love of your life won't dump you.
- You won't be...
Have you ever noticed that it's a lot easier to understand someone who's speaking directly to you in English than a conversation between two other people?
I have this problem when I visit my in-laws in Japan. If I'm riding in the car with my wife and her mother and they're speaking Japanese to...
When some aspect of English confuses you, what should you do about it? Should you ask a teacher or consult a book? Or try to figure it out for yourself?
If you've been reading PhraseMix for a while, you probably already know what my answer is going to be. In the past, I've written about why you...