One complaint I often hear from English learners is that it's hard to find people to practice with.
I agree that it can be hard. You have to change your habits to put yourself in new situations where you get more English practice. It takes a little bit of bravery. You have to be willing to speak...
What is PhraseMix about?
Whenever I meet someone new and introduce myself, I have to explain what PhraseMix is. To be honest, it's always a little bit difficult. I say something like this:
I run a website for people who are learning English as a second language. I write lessons each day and post...
In our conversation, Adir mentioned that this was his first immersion experience in English. Although he had studied English for...
- to get a job
- to get into school
- to make friends or relationships
- to travel
- because they like the feeling of accomplishment
As I started to think about it a little bit more, I realized that it's even more basic...
If you try to speak English and make a mistake, none of these things will happen:
- No one will point and laugh at you
- You won't lose your job.
- The townspeople won't chase after you with torches.
- You won't be locked up and thrown in jail.
- The love of your life won't dump you.
- You won't be...