What is PhraseMix about?
Whenever I meet someone new and introduce myself, I have to explain what PhraseMix is. To be honest, it's always a little bit difficult. I say something like this:
I run a website for people who are learning English as a second language. I write lessons each day and post...
In our conversation, Adir mentioned that this was his first immersion experience in English. Although he had studied English for...
- to get a job
- to get into school
- to make friends or relationships
- to travel
- because they like the feeling of accomplishment
As I started to think about it a little bit more, I realized that it's even more basic...
If you try to speak English and make a mistake, none of these things will happen:
- No one will point and laugh at you
- You won't lose your job.
- The townspeople won't chase after you with torches.
- You won't be locked up and thrown in jail.
- The love of your life won't dump you.
- You won't be...
Have you ever noticed that it's a lot easier to understand someone who's speaking directly to you in English than a conversation between two other people?
I have this problem when I visit my in-laws in Japan. If I'm riding in the car with my wife and her mother and they're speaking Japanese to...