Today’s English Phrases Quiz 09/27/21
Guess which words fit in the blanks to complete each key sentence. Correct answers are below each question.
1. How do you describe someone who has a lot of good qualities and advantages?
“He's got a lot ___ ___ him.”
A:. He's got a lot going for him
2. Ask someone who's making a decision which choice they favor:
“Who are you ___ towards?”
A: “Who are you leaning towards?”
3. How can you describe standing in a certain position like a model?
“Do you want me to ___ a ___?”
A: “Do you want me to strike a pose?”
4. This phrase means that you can't remember something:
“I saw... oh shoot, what's her name? I'm ___ a ___.”
A. I saw... oh shoot, what's her name? I'm drawing a blank.”
5. This means "a little bit" or "somewhat":
“I don't really want to go, but I feel ___ ___ obligated.”
A: “I don't really want to go, but I feel kind of obligated."Print this Article