What's your favorite English-language TV show?
Watching TV is a great way to learn a foreign language. TV shows are great because:
- They're not too short and not too long.
- You learn in context. That means that you can see what language to use in a specific situation.
- They're fun to watch, so you keep coming back to them.
I'd like to know a little about the English-language TV shows you've watched. Here's what I want to know:
- In one sentence, what is the show about?
- What's an interesting phrase you remember from that show?
For example, one of my favorite TV shows is a reality competition show called Survivor. Here's what I'd write about it:
Survivor is about a group of people who live in the wilderness for several weeks and compete to win a million dollars by being the last person not voted out of their "tribe". A phrase that people use on the show a lot is "My head is on the chopping block.*"
*This means that the speaker is in danger of being voted out of the tribe next.
That's it! Please share your favorite shows and phrases with us.
Print this Article