the study

"The study" is the name for a room in some houses. It's a room where people keep books, a desk, and maybe a chair for reading in. It's similar to an "office", but a home office sounds like a place where family members are doing some kind of actual work. A "study" sounds more like a luxury.

This phrase appears in these lessons: