The job of "vice president" in a company is somewhere below president. Usually a company will have several vice presidents, each with their own area of specialization. For example, a company might have a "vice president of sales" and a "vice president of operations". In general, the order of positions in companies is:
- Chairman (The person who leads the Board of Directors of a company)
- C.F.O. (chief financial officer), C.T.O. (chief technology officer), C.O.O. (chief operations officer), etc.
- Vice President
- Director (there might also be "Senior Directors", etc.
Each company and industry is different, so some of these job titles might be higher or lower in a company than they are listed here. And there are also other terms that can be added to each position like:
- Assistant ("Assistant Director", "Assistant Manager") - this indicates a lower position
- Associate ("Associate Director", "Associate Coordinator") - this is usually a position higher than "assistant"
- Executive ("Executive Vice President", "Executive Manager") - this indicates a higher position