A friend of yours recently had a baby. She's showing you pictures of her baby for the first time. You want your friend to think that her baby is cute, so you say this.
"Adorable" means "really cute". Here are some examples of things that you can call "adorable":
- baby kittens or puppies
- a young man who does something really romantic for his girlfriend
- a young woman who wears really cute clothes and has a pretty smile
- a dress that looks light and comfortable
Here are some things that you probably wouldn't call "adorable":
- a tall, muscular guy with a square jaw
You'd call this guy "handsome" or maybe "hot" instead.
- a beautiful woman dressed in a tight dress
You might call her "hot", "sexy", or maybe "gorgeous".
- a scarf that your friend is trying on that you like a little bit
If you don't like something a lot, "adorable" might not work. "Cute", "nice", or "pretty" would work better.