“I’m in corporate sales.”
You're at a playground with your children. One of the other parents starts a conversation with you. He asks what you do. You don't want to give him a lot of specifics, so you tell him the general field you work in.
I’m in corporate sales.
You tell what field or industry you work in by saying that you are "in" that field or industry:
I'm in accounting.
Here are some examples of different fields that you can be "in":
- education (teachers, school principals)
- entertainment (actors, musicians, directors)
- software (programmers, testers, etc.)
- marketing (marketers for any company)
- sales (salespeople)
- hospitality (working in a hotel or on a cruise)
- accounting (accountants)
When one company sells something to another large company, that is "corporate sales".
We have corporate sales teams in Europe and South America.