This English expression means "no". You use it when:
- Someone offers to help you or give you something
- You don't want it
- You think the offer is strange, annoying, or unbelievable
- You want to show that you didn't like the offer, but still speak politely
You can use "Thanks but no thanks" in situations like these:
- A friend offers you some food that looks disgusting.
- A salesman tries to sell you something that you definitely don't want.
- You got laid off last year, and now your old boss calls to try to get you to come back to your old job.