(someone) used to (do something)
You can talk about things that "used to" happen if:
- it happened in the past
- it happened more than 5 or 10 times (or for several weeks or months if it's something that's continuous)
- it doesn't happen any more.
My friend Jeremy and I used to get together on the weekends and play Nintendo for hours at a time.
This phrase appears in these lessons:
- “My coach used to tell us, 'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.'”
- “My grandpa used to tell me about how he had to get up at the crack of dawn every day to start work on the farm.”
- “You remember how you used to always play that song on your dad's stereo?”
- “She used to report to Amy, then she got promoted to Manager and Amy moved over to the Pricing department. ”