"Sweetie" is a name that you can call someone. Here are some examples of who calls who "sweetie":
- Mothers can call their children "sweetie"
- A father can call his daughters "sweetie", but probably not his sons.
- Teachers might call their students "sweetie" if the students are very young, like 8 years old or lower.
- Some gay men call their friends and various other people "sweetie".
- Some older women call anyone younger than them "sweetie", even strangers.
- You can call your boyfriend or girlfriend, husband or wife "sweetie".